Welcome to the Cotton County Oklahoma Mail List. This is a place to post information on your families that have passed through Cotton County in the past, or perhaps still live there. Feel free to post queries, Bible records, cemetery records, historical records and anything else you can think of that might help a fellow genealogist and that pertains to Cotton County.
1. How to subscribe. Send an e-mail to OKCOTTON-L-REQUEST@okgenweb.net with the one word, subscribe, in the subject and body of the message. If your subscription is cancelled for whatever reason and you want to resubscribe, just send the subscribe message again. If your local ISP crashes for a day or so, and mail to you bounces, you will be automatically unsubscribed by the software.
2. How to change to digest mode (several postings are combined and sent to you together as a single large message). There are two steps. First, send the command "unsubscribe" to OKCOTTON-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org to discontinue mail mode. Second, send the command "subscribe" to OKCOTTON-Demail@example.com to start receiving digests.
3. How to change to NOMAIL mode. There is no formal NOMAIL mode. All you have to do is follow the directions above and unsubscribe when you want the messages to stop, and then when you want them to start again, simply subscribe again.
4. If you'd like to post a message so everyone on the mailing list receives it, just send it to OKCOTTON-L@okgenweb.net. It will then be sent on to everyone in both mail and digest mode. You don't need to send it explicitly to both.
5. How to unsubscribe. Send a message to OKCOTTON-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org that contains the one word, unsubscribe, in the body of the message and no additional text. (turn off your signature file) If you are subscribed in Digest mode, send the unsubscribe message to OKCOTTON-D-REQUEST@okgenweb.net
6. You must subscribe to the list before you can post.
All materials on this site are subject to copyright laws. Do not 'contribute' the material (including lists and photos) located on this site to other websites. You may print or save materials to your computer for your personal use only. Any other use of this material requires consent of the copyright holder. This material may not be reproduced in any format for profit or publication by any organization or person.
Cotton County OKGenWeb is part of the USGenWeb Project. Links to web sites that are not part of USGenWeb Project are provided for your convenience and do not imply any endorsement of the websites or their contents by The USGenWeb Project.