Welcome

jameshcarroll

Welcome

Post by jameshcarroll » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:01 pm

Welcome the to Noble County Message Board.

As the current coordinator of OKGenWeb's Noble County website, I want to welcome all genealogy researchers in Noble county to the message board. I don't live in Noble County, but I do have some relatives that live there. Also my great-grandmother homesteaded in BlackBear township in 1894 when my grandmother was a teenager. My father was born in Perry, and I have a sister that lives there today. Over the years I have made numerous trips to Perry, done research in the library, met individuals associated with the Noble County genealogy society, and collected the information posted at the site.

I'll continue to be on the watch for new information to post, much through the Internet, but some through expected visits in the future. If I can be of help, I will. If there are any corrections or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

I do have a copy of Noble County Oklahoma History, Volume I, and I am happy to do lookups; also, as information, Volume II has recently been published. (I haven't purchased my copy yet, though an article I submitted was published in it.)

Well, good luck in your research.

siimom

Re: Welcome

Post by siimom » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:04 pm

Hello, Your link from the Noble Co. page to the board site is faulty. I had to get here from the state page to the message boards. Also I am back on line after a few years away and live in Marland, and can do look-ups or help in this part of the county. Stef Gilbert

jameshcarroll

Re: Welcome

Post by jameshcarroll » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:09 pm

siimom wrote:Hello, Your link from the Noble Co. page to the board site is faulty. I had to get here from the state page to the message boards. Also I am back on line after a few years away and live in Marland, and can do look-ups or help in this part of the county. Stef Gilbert
Thanks, Stef, I just noticed the broken link moments ago. :D

I remember you and your son doing cemetery surveys and lookups a few years back. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Return to “Noble County”